Purpose: To publish philosophical articles of current interest and encourage the interchange of ideas, especially the exploration of the borderline between philosophy and other disciplines.
The Journal of Philosophy was founded in 1904 as The Journal of Philosophy, Psychology, and Scientific Methods by Frederick J. E. Woodbridge and J. McKeen Cattell. In 1906, Wendell T. Bush became associated with the Journal as co-editor. In 1923, the Journal was incorporated in the State of New York under its present name. Since its founding it has been published from Columbia University. It is typeset by Sheridan Journal Services, Waterbury, VT, and printed by The Sheridan Press, Hanover, PA.
David Albert, Bernard Berofsky, Akeel Bilgrami, John Collins, Jon Elster, Kent Greenawalt, Patricia Kitcher, Philip Kitcher, Charles Larmore, Isaac Levi, Wolfgang Mann, Frederick Neuhouser, Christopher Peacocke, Carol Rovane, Achille C. Varzi, Katja Vogt
Robert May, Charles D. Parsons, Daniel Rothschild, Gila Sher, Wilfried Sieg
Alyssa TiminBoard of Trustees
Michael J. Mooney